Earlier when a patient needs a new pair of teeth, doctors had no choice other than recommending conventional dental plants. They came with the following limitations.
- Large amounts of bone were needed.
- Needed extended healing time.
- Needed surgeries of bone augmentation like sinus lift and bone grafting.
- It was quite sensitive to infection.
- Presented a considerable loss rate.
- Often ended up as too expensive.
- Involved the use of different pieces where screws were used to connect teeth.
- Complications arose for use around the posterior lower and upper jaw.
Why Should You Go for Basal Implants?
On the other hand, basal implants tick all the boxes. They have acquired a healthy reputation due to their status as immediate loading implants and offer the following strengths.
- It provides a secure load transmission in the infection-free basal bone.
- Since the mucosal penetration diameter is thin, there is no bone loss. Additionally, it also eliminates the risks of peri-implantitis.
- For anchorage, only the residual and patient’s own bone is needed. Due to this, patients don’t have to undergo any serious bone augmentation surgery while they can also save the waiting period that comes with those surgeries.
- There is no requirement of intermediate dentures or edentulous phase.
- So far, basal implants have resulted in extremely high rates of success.
- While having this treatment, patients can have their tooth extractions and implant placements performed in a single visit. As a result, the patient always comes out with a new pair of stable teeth.
- No complications can arise even if the patient suffers from any periodontal disease.
- Since the cortical bone is resorption resistant, it can function well within 24 hours. This bone is also free from the onslaught of infections, thanks to the minerals that are present in the region.
Despite all these advantages, you have to think twice before going for basal implants in the USA. This is because the cost of basal implants in the USA is extremely expensive.
Instead, book a flight to India and consider getting your basal implants in Hyderabad. You can visit Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center. Here you can consult with one of the leading international dental surgeons in the world, Dr. Irfan Motiwala. In the past few years, Dr. Motiwala has treated many North American patients and provided them new teeth via basal implants.