You are aware of how crucial daily brushing and flossing are for tooth health if you have ever visited the dentist. It’s all too simple to skip flossing, though, as it can be more time- and effort-consuming when wearing braces. If you want to make sure that your teeth are healthy, beautiful, strong, AND straight after your orthodontic treatment is complete, you should continue to floss every day. It will be easier to deal with it head-on and maintain your dental hygiene if you know how to floss while wearing braces.
Select Your Floss
The variety of dental floss is enormous. When you have braces, it is recommended to use thin, wax-coated floss. Unwaxed floss is more likely to resemble a thread and is more likely to get caught in or destroyed by your braces. A floss threader, a tiny dental instrument that will make it simpler to thread the floss around your wires, may possibly be something you wish to get.
How to Floss While Wearing Braces?
- You should rinse your mouth to remove any food residue.
- Brushing should last at least two minutes, and the area surrounding each bracket should be thoroughly cleaned.
- Floss the areas of your teeth that are simple to reach and don’t involve wrapping wires in floss. Use a sawing motion to remove any debris by inserting a string of floss between each tooth.
- Thread the floss string under the main wire to clean the base of each tooth close to the gum line. You can do this more quickly and easily with a floss threader.
- Pull the floss all the way down to the gum line between the two teeth.
- Hug the floss to one tooth’s side and move it softly up and down. Next, do the same while hugging the side of the tooth next to it.
- With the next set of teeth, repeat procedures 4 through 6 as needed. Some teeth might have a wider space between them, while others might be quite closely spaced. Try your best to gently floss between each pair.
- Make sure to floss all the way around your last set of molars. Move the floss up and down while hugging the tooth.
Consider an Electric Toothbrush
Scientific research has shown that electric toothbrushes are substantially more powerful than manual toothbrushes and significantly more effective at removing plaque and promoting gum health. To eliminate bacteria before it causes a problem, use an electric toothbrush to reach in between the brackets and wires.
Consider Invisalign® over Braces
If you haven’t started your teeth-straightening procedure, think about switching to Invisalign® from braces. Many people who require orthodontic treatment will be eligible for Invisalign®. With no food restrictions, enhanced comfort, a more flexible schedule, and greater convenience in maintaining dental health, Invisalign® can straighten your teeth. If you know how to floss properly, you can continue flossing throughout your treatment because your Invisalign® trays can be taken out for routine brushing and flossing.
Get in touch with cosmetic dentist Dr. Irfan Motiwala to schedule a consultation if you need assistance with teeth straightening or other cosmetic procedures. With a customized treatment plan made just for you, Dr. Motiwala will assist you in achieving the dental aesthetic you desire. Call us or fill out the online form right now to set up your consultation with Dr. Motiwala.
Dr. Motiwala in International Press
Please click on the NEWS site’s logo below to visit the article.
Huge Savings on Dental Implants at Dr. Motiwala’s Clinic
Get in Touch with Us Now!
For more details about dental implant prices and your available treatment options, contact Dr. Motiwala’s Dental Clinic & Implant Center at +91 99596 14584. The form on our website’s CONTACT US page also allows you to send us an email. We would be happy to assist you if there is any way we can.