Are you looking to get permanent teeth implants? If you do, then you have to be wary or else your dental implants and the surgical site will not get healed in time. Following are some precautionary tips that can help you to recover in time.
- Do not brush your teeth immediately after getting a dental implant. Instead, you can rinse your mouth with salt water. Repeat this procedure three times a day.
- After you get a dental implant, it is common to check it in the mirror out of sheer curiosity. It is also usual to have a continuous urge to poke it. However, doing this can cause inflammation in the mouth. In the worst-case scenario, touching your implant constantly after the surgery may force it to loosen.
- You need a bone that can grow and support your dental implant slowly and gradually so it can become stable. Therefore, you need to eat a healthy diet. Make sure to schedule a fixed calcium intake in your daily meals. Nutrients from a healthy diet are key to secure your dental implant.
- If you continue to push yourself harder after getting the implants, it will take longer for your implant to become stable. Make sure that you do not take part in any physically strenuous or laborious activity. Your body needs sufficient time for recovering and healing from the surgery.
- If you are an avid sports lover, especially who plays contact sports such as rugby, take a break from it. If you hit around your mouth right after the dental implant, it can loosen up, thus failing the entire procedure. Depending upon the severity of the contact, your implant even may fly off from your mouth. Similarly, it may also bend and damage your gums instead.
- No matter how much of a chain smoker you are, you have to skip the use of tobacco products for some time. This is because, according to studies, tobacco limits the blood flow to the gums. At a time, when you need to ensure proper blood flow in your mouth, smoking can prolong the recovery period.
- For dental surgeons, each patient is unique with their own set of challenges. They examine a patient thoroughly with a dental exam and then form a treatment plan. Therefore, make sure that you follow all the instructions from your dentist. If you ignore the suggestions of your dentist, your implant will not be healed in time.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
So, how much do dental implants cost? For a single tooth, dental implants can cost somewhere between $2,000 and $6,000. Rather than going for such an expensive dental treatment, you can visit India for low cost dental implants. In India, you can visit Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center and arrange a consultation with Dr. Irfan Motiwala. Dr. Irfan provides low cost dental implants and maintains the quality of the treatment in accordance with the highest dental standards.